Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Weekend

This past weekend, my mom and dad were in town from Florida. This was the first time that they've come to see me since I moved here 6 months ago. They would have come sooner, but I honestly wanted them to wait until they could walk the streets without being miserably cold. And we definitely lucked out with the weather this weekend.


Saturday we walked from my parent's hotel in the Chelsea area, down Broadway through the Flatiron district. Obviously a little shopping was done along with way. This picture is of Mad. Sq. Eats, a pop-up culinary market that we passed by, and I'm definitely going to have to check out before the end of the month.



My mom & dad in front of the Flatiron building, wandering down Broadway. I love this part of town. But then again, I say that about almost every part of town in the City. With this beautiful weather we've been having, I've finally been having the chance to get out and explore, and I am falling more in love with it every day. I've heard that New York is a city that you have to live in for a few years before it really sucks you in and makes you a life-er. We will see...


The last time my mom and dad were in New York was circa 2007, so they had not gotten to see the Freedom Tower. It was just a pile of construction the last time they were here. A trip to Battery Park was a must. Here's our view from Robert Wagner Park.


And in front of the Statue of Liberty. Yes, that's a tiny Lady Liberty behind us to the right.



On Sunday, we had Mother's Day brunch at Almond . I am a big fan of their juevos rancheros.  And then went on to do a little more walking through the Chelsea Market and the Highline before my parents had to catch their flight. It's always tough to see them go, but I'll be planning a trip to Florida in the next couple of months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment