Hello 2014. Another new year always means reflecting on where the past year has brought you, and another set of resolutions. In 2013 I traveled to San Francisco for the first time, celebrated the weddings of two of my close friends, traveled to Toronto, moved to New York City, started a new job, and shared many great memories with my wonderful friends, family & boyfriend. For my first blog post and to the start the new year, I wanted to share my 14 New Year's resolutions for 2014... and here I am checking #3 off my list!
1. Make a mint.com budget and actually stick to it.
2. Form a positive habit- it only takes 40 days.
3. Start blogging.
4. Get involved in something new and challenge yourself to meet new people.
5. Go to Vegas for the first time.
6. Take a dance class at NYC ballet.
7. Be content with who and where you are and present in the moment; you are exactly where you are supposed to be.
8. Pack your lunch for work and cook more. It's healthier & it tastes better.
9. Take an all-inclusive, tropical vacation.
10. Go to a country concert. Perhaps even the rodeo.
11. Take pictures with a real camera instead of just your iPhone. Maybe even splurge on a nice camera.
12. Stop worrying about what other people are doing, what you're "supposed" to be doing, and pursue what makes you happy.
13. Join a yoga studio. Try to get into Spring Break '09 shape. Keep in mind that you are no longer 22.
14. Words to live by: "Leave room for serendipity".